Sunday, July 28, 2013

Color Wheel Of Emotion

Hi all--just thought I'd share a photo of my piece that was juried into "Color Wheel Of Emotion". I was so thrilled because this is my first SAQA exhibit. It will be traveling with the Mancuso show which goes all over the US. I was beginning to think I'd never get into a SAQA exhibit; the lesson is don't give up!
I printed the image on 13x19 EQ Printables printer sheets but ended up trimming off about 4 inches. The image is two of my photos layered together. I extended the colors in the photo out using fabrics from my stash to create the area around the photo.

I'd love to see what ya'll are working on.


Into The Light


3 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Judy, this is a beautiful piece; congratulations on having it accepted in Color Wheel of Emotions. Thanks for the detail shot so we can see/enjoy your excellent quilting stitches!
Martha Ginn

Anonymous said...

Yes! Thanks Judy. The subtle details in color, texture, and line really work together. --deb

Julia Graber said...

Indeed, this is a lovely piece. I'm impressed with your choice of fabric in the borders to extend the picture out of the center and into the borders. Congratulations.