Monday, July 22, 2013

A look back and looking forward

I am finalizing the schedule and will be emailing our Call for Entries for our upcoming Regional Show, Southern Voices, that will be at the Butler Center in the River Market area of Little Rock. Our show will be on display March 14th - May 25th, 2014. The exhibition is open to SAQA members only. However, our one-day conference on May 26th will be open to non-members.

I hope that we are able to use our new blog to keep each other informed, to attract new members, and to share enthusiasm as we prepare for the exhibition and conference. Included are three pictures from our 2012 exhibition at this same venue.

5 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Thanks, Deb and Sherri, for getting this blog going! It will be a simple way for us to correspond with each other. I'm looking forward to the exhibit next May.

BTW, would you post here the details of our current swap?

Martha Ginn

Anonymous said...

The theme for our next swap is “Wish You Were Here.” This one is travel/place related--a place you have visited, hope to visit, never wish to return to, or purely from your own imagination! Please design and create a small, postcard sized art quilt (no larger than 5”x 7”). The deadline for entering is Saturday, August 24th. To enter, simply take a quick photo of your art-quilt-postcard so that I know you are participating and email it to me. I will randomly swap up the entries and notify all participants of who and where to send their artwork. You’ll be glad you did! --deb

Martha Ginn said...

Oh, yes, "Wish You Were Here"! Thanks...
Martha

Connie in Alabama said...

Great site! I've just created a website for my quilted artwork at www.conniecarrington.com and I hope that you add it to the members page.

Martha Ginn said...

Connie, I just visited your website and nearly squealed with delight at your work! I've recently become fascinated with improvisational or free-form piecing and your work inspires me to believe my little practice pieces could morph into something more. Beautiful work!
Martha Ginn, Hattiesburg, MS